header

header

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Tas Talks Tuesday: Hijabs

OH HI! It's been quite a while since I've posted something... well it feels long. Today will be one of many 'Advice' bloggie posts. You send me your questions/queries/issues and i'll answer them. Welcome to 'Tas Talks'.

So here is the first problem that one of my readers have! This young lady goes by the name of Humaira. Hey Humaira :)
Guys and girls, if you do not want your name to be shown here then don't worry, i'll put your question as an anonymous post. Let' begin.

"Assalamu-alaikum (that's a greeting in Arabic, 'hello') My name is Humaira Yasmina. I've read your blog and masallah you're doing great. I just wanted to ask your opinion on something quite personal to me. I'm obviously Muslim but I don't wear the hijab (headscarf) but I've always wanted to. I'm scared that I won't look good in it and people might just stare. How did you first start wearing it? What style? And was it/is it easy for you?" - 13, London.

Well first of all, thank you for your question. I understand that you want my honest opinion, hence the reason why I have started doing this type of 'series'. How you choose to take my advice is in your hands. You either want to take my advice, or don't. It's fine :D Here is my response:


Wa-alaikumusalam (Arabic response for the greeting above) Thank you very much for the positive comment on my blog :o) In'Sha'Allah many other people feel the same way. So you are quite hesitant to not wear the headscarf because you're scared you won't look good or people might stare. My sister, listen (or read) very carefully. WHO CARES. It's all about your intentions at the end of the day. If you want to wear the Hijab, then your intention should be to please Allah SWT only. Not your friends, family, and yes, not even strangers! Looking 'good'? I'll be brutally honest here, I have done an outfit of the day post etc, mainly because I do personally get asked how to dress modestly. Maybe my dressing isn't 'modest' in some peoples eyes because I wore leopard trousers for example, but I knew what my intention was, and it wasn't to please or impress anyone. I felt confident that day and I was comfortable with myself. I haven't ever received negative feedback on what I've worn (Alhamdulillah) but In'Sha'Allah I can reach that extra step in faith and start wearing the Burka. If Allah wills.
Style? I kind of just wrap it in a way where everything is covered basically -inserts lol here-. If you genuinely do not know how to wrap your Hijab, then there are plenty of tutorials on how to on YouTube. My personal favourite is a youtuber named Amenakin'. Ma'Sha'Allah she is such an inspiration. I first started to wear the Hijab last year in the beginning of September. Why? Because I felt spiritually ready. I was so overwhelmed :D I wouldn't say it was the easiest thing at first (but Alhamdullilah I didn't put it on and take it off) because of a FEW individuals and the 'looks' but as you are from London, I'm sure everyone has seen a girl in a headscarf. It's only a few people who do not understand the concept of it and disagree with it. Their loss :) 

Now for the solution to your problem. Don't rush into anything Humaira. Seriously. Allah knows what's in your heart. Also remember Hijab is not just about covering your head. It's your identity. How you treat, speak and act towards others as well. I hope you take my advice on board. Thank you for sharing your problem with my little #neemers. YES YOU. YOU ARE NOW A 'NEEMER'. THANKS! Hehe, e-mail me again soon In'Sha'Allah. I hope everything goes well. Good luck x



And there we have it! A little taster of what 'Tas Talks' would be about. Not just Hijabs obviously, it's up to you on what you want me to write about next really (your problems/queries).

If I get at least one e-mail every week, I'll try to make it a 'Tas Talks Tuesday'. Yay for Alliteration *clap clap*


If you would like to e-mail me on my blog account then here it is: tasahmedadvice@gmail.com

For now...
SALUTATIONS X

No comments:

Post a Comment