header

header

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Tas Talks Tuesday: Makeup

Warrrrrrrrup everyone. If you did not understand what I just said, then meh, I basically said 'hey' in a cool way.
So today is a controversial topic aimed towards girls (or guys, if you know... you wear makeup). It's not controversial but to be honest, almost everyone who wears makeup goes through it.

Welcome to Tas Talks.

So the e-mail that I received really interested me because it's something that I have advised to others and what many other teenagers have been through. How to wear makeup? No... More like how to get out of wearing it so much. Now, I'm not saying I wear layers of makeup because I never will and I never did, simply because I feel uncomfortable and heavy? Is that just me? I don't know. Let's just get on shall we -_-

"Hello Tasneem. I know you from school but you don't know me because im in year 9 but basically I wanted to say your blog's helped me through like a lot so yh. I didn't want to ask you in person cuz I was scared loooool but email is just as good iguess? So I wear tons of makeup and I wear it badly. I want to get out of the habit of wearing it cuz I get called lots of things like sket, slut and you know the rest. I don't like it when ppl try to say that I want to impress boys because that's embarrassing but the reason why I wear lots of makeup is because I actually do want guys to notice me more. Youknow your other post about types of friends and stuff, yeah im not the pretty friend. I wanna be though. How do I get more confident cuz I see you and you are so confident. thanks..!" - Anonymous, 13

As all my other Tas Talks Tuesday, the advice I will now give you may seem harsh but hey, that's just my opinion. You choose whether to take it or not (as always!) Thank you for your e-mail though anonymous! :D


The quote above says it all. First of all, I'm going to build up on this 'beauty' business because it truly is in the eye of the beholder. Your smile, your warmth, your kind hearted personality can capture somebody's heart... not the thickness of your fake eyelashes. You want to impress boys? You're 13 years old. You'll have plenty of time for boys later when you're 30! Lol joke, more like when you're 18 or something, but that's your decision however, from my opinion, you need to focus on getting good grades and making something of yourself. Those boys from your year are just crushes. Don't rely on them to get you a good education. Focus on what's important. YOU. I don't know who you are or what religion you are in but in Islam, makeup can be a difficult topic to discuss and debate about. You see with makeup, you expect people (especially people of your opposite sex) to perceive you as a 'hotspice' as you youngers would say! However, in Islam it teaches us Muslims to 'lower our gaze'. Why? Because we should, sorry, we must behave modestly and carry ourselves humbly between one another. I always say this but I personally believe that it's what my intentions are. If I put on a bit of mascara and some lip gloss, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm automatically wanting to impress boys! Of course, I know myself that it isn't the case of wanting to look good, but it's more to feel good about myself. Now STOP and don't assume that I'm the type of person who can't leave the house without makeup because trust me I can. Do you know why? Because I am comfortable with myself. My bare faced self. You say that i'm confident? Well because I've learnt to accept myself for myself! I appreciate what God has given me and embraced it. Start trying to accept yourself anonymous! There's only one of you.
Ah makeup is such a touchy subject but I feel like if you are comfortable with what you look like without any facial products slapped upon your face, then work it girl! You 'do you'. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I'm not saying makeup is a bad thing. I'm not exactly perfect because I do wear makeup, but I swear to you, I only wear it if I'm bothered to! Seriously I am one lazy person when it comes to looking 'my best' with fancy clothes and what society's take on a 'flawless' face would be. I am more of a comfort clother. If I'm not comfortable, then honey I aint wearing it! As for you saying that you want to be that 'pretty' friend, no, don't. Be yourself!!! I cannot stress that enough. I'm a believer in makeup being able to embrace your features and beauty, not cover and conceal it! If you have beautiful big blue eyes and you want to wear mascara, go ahead (as long as it doesn't clump because that looks horrible to be honest).

Now I'm going to wrap this post up but I want to say to you firstly that 1) don't wear makeup to impress boys, especially at your age! 2) the best way to try and wear less makeup is to go at your own pace by taking it off everyday, for example, if you wear the whole full face thing, go one day without blusher, the next day without filled in eyebrows, the day after no lipstick. Just try... 3) Be more confident! LOVE YOURSELF FIRST. 4) Don't you dare think you are not wanted, loved or beautiful because you are. You may not fit into somebody's definition of 'beauty' but to someone else, you are the most perfect person they've ever layed their eyes upon. Last but not least, number 5) be a beautiful person on the interior and do not worry so much about your exterior. Seriously, to any person who likes someone for their looks and their looks only, MAN YOU TRIPPIN'. Looks fade and grow old, hearts stay the same, whether it's pure or full of mould. Be a better you. Be the best you. Your smile is your makeup girl :) I'm going to leave you with this quote.


"Confidence: wear it LIKE you wear makeup. Perfect and fierce"


And that's a wrap! Thank you so much for your queries my #neemers! Good luck anonymous. I hope you overcome your problems x


If you would like to e-mail me on my blog account then here it is: tasahmedadvice@gmail.com
For now...
SALUTATIONS X

No comments:

Post a Comment