header

header

Thursday 17 October 2013

DELAY! Tas Talks Tuesday: Parents

Oh dear. Please forgive me as I did not post anything on Tuesday :( IT WAS EID! Eid Mubarak to all those who celebrated!
As I was going through my e-mails I came across one that I (as well as many other teenagers) could relate to. Especially us girls. Yes, today is about parents. Ooh interesting...

Welcome to Tas Talks.

So this young lady wanted to be anonymous for personal reasons. Her issue was with her parents but more specifically, her mother. Let's begin.

"Hello Tasneem. My names ****** and ive got serious issues with my mum. All we ever do is fight and stuff and it gets so annoying at times cuz she shouts at me for no reason. It's usually about me going out (ok I admit I do go out a lot, usually in the evening) How can I stop arguing with her? Im sick of it and I cant remember the last time we had a nice cup of tea and watched tv together like normal mums and daughters. HELPPPPP! Thanks hon x" -  Anonymous, 16

Howdy anonymous! Well first and foremost, thank you for the e-mail. I promise you guys I do read all of them and even if I don't post it on my blog, I will reply to it! Remember anonymous, my advice to you may seem completely right or horrendously wrong! You choose whether to take it or not :)



Aaah parents. My loves. Honestly, you must cherish and love your parents no matter what. We forget that as we're getting old, so are they. At the end of the day, they do honestly want the best for you. I know my parents do (All praise be to God). Remember that "we never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves". I mean I think that said it all?
I understand parents, especially mothers can be quite protective when it comes to going out with friends, especially if it's in the evening as you said. The days are getting shorter. The sky is getting darker. Unfortunately there are crazy and dangerous people lurking about and some people have to face them. I think the reason why your mother shouts at you is because she is scared. Any mother would, especially as you're going out in the evening. As I say to myself, my mother knows best. She was also a teenager too anonymous. Your mother knows from experience (not saying anything bad had happened to her hopefully) but you get my drift. Maybe her shouting is just her expressing her emotions in a way she feels like you'll listen to. I don't know, I'm just guessing? My mother does that lol.


My advice to you? Go to your mum and give her a hug. Don't say anything. Just hug her. Hug her and then tell her you love her. It's not sappy, it's not unnecessary, and it certainly isn't weird. She's your mum. Trust me she'll be so happy. Tell her that you will listen to her more. Remember that this world is only temporary. Make every moment count when it comes to treating your parents right. Please, just do it for the sake of starting fresh and being on good terms with one another. Apologise for whatever wrong doing you may or may not have committed. This will let her know that you do indeed care and are not one of those 'OMG MUM I HATE YOU' type of teens. Unfortunately many young women live up to that sort of behaviour and wow... what bloody brats!

I'm going to leave you with this quote anonymous.
"One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad." - Jim DeMint

And that's a wrap! Thank you so much for your queries my #neemers! Good luck anonymous. I hope you do what's right x


If you would like to e-mail me on my blog account then here it is: tasahmedadvice@gmail.com

For now...
SALUTATIONS X

No comments:

Post a Comment