header

header

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Forgive Me

Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Evening my lovelies. Wherever you are in the world, hi! I hope you've had a great day filled with smiles. Now today's topic isn't going to necessarily be a 'Tas Talks' because I haven't received a query/e-mail that requires me giving advice that everyone can relate to, so welcome to an ordinary blog post. Get your thinking caps on people, this is going to be a long un'!

"Forgive and Forget". "Forgive but never forget". We as people have heard these sayings plenty of times, haven't we? When was the last time somebody asked for your forgiveness and why did they do it? How did you feel when they asked you too? Do you hold a grudge, do you forgive but bring up their mistakes when you next have an argument or disagreement, or do you completely forget about their mistake, hoping that they will not do it again. Let me explain.

I've been hurt and I've hurt people in the past. I know what it's like to ask for forgiveness or to accept someone's apology. We all have right? However, some things take time to forgive such as being betrayed or being physically abused. Time is a way of healing oneself emotionally just as well as physically. We need time to think and time to question how stupid or serious that other persons mistake was for them to ask for forgiveness. What gets to me is the fact that somebody can easily forgive one's mistake yet bring it up and use it as a defence mechanism when in an argument/disagreement. WHY? What was the actual point of you initially forgiving that person in the first place? If you're going to forgive someone, try to forget what their mistake was and try to look past it. In the end you'll only burden yourself with the past. You'll weaken your mind because of those constant thoughts and flashbacks when your eyes meet that persons eyes. Forgive and try to forget I say!

"You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness" - Prophet Muhammed (Peace Be Upon Him)

What kind of inner peace is it to wrong someone who has wronged you? You feel satisfaction for a couple of minutes, maybe an hour, but definitely not for a life time. Holding a grudge is basically letting someone live rent-free in your head space. FORGIVE AND TRY TO FORGET. Having a good characteristic is the noblest of all possessions. Turn your cheek away from those who seek to bring out the worst in you. If a certain person continuously makes mistakes as you constantly forgive them, try to let go of that person by not saying a word. Seriously. Let them learn for themselves when they're in the wrong. Let them think for themselves too. Time. Time is always on our side, it's just up to you with how and what you do within that period of time which determines your outcomes in life.

"Forgive but never forget" is one of the most reoccurring phrases I've heard in my life. Forgiveness is a choice and so is trying to forget. Forgiveness is letting go of the anger and attempt of retaliation which is something I think everyone should aim to do more often. I know it's hard. Believe me. I think the longest period of time where I haven't forgiven a person is 2 and a half years. That is indeed a long time but now that I have forgiven, I feel like I can let go of the past pain I had felt and the past regrets in which I hurt others during that previous period of my life. That section in which I didn't forgive put me on such edge. It led to me not "letting anyone in" so often because I thought people would hurt me even more. I was wrong. Forgiving someone is such a huge relief because your thoughts aren't constantly wrapped up around the situation. Let your mind breathe. Please. 

I'm going to leave you with this quote.

 


What is the point of releasing negativity when you can influence others to do the right thing instead of being stubborn? If I have ever hurt you, find it in your heart to forgive me. Ameen (Amen).


And that's a wrap! Thank you so much for your time! Keep those queries coming at me on my e-mail! Good luck to you all. God bless! xx


If you would like to e-mail me on my blog account then here it is: tasahmedadvice@gmail.com


For now...SALUTATIONS X

No comments:

Post a Comment