header

header

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Tas Talks Tuesday: Pray

Hey you! How are you? If no one has asked you how your day was then don't worry, i'll ask. How was your day? I hope all is good. Now, to kick start this blog post, I have made a new video for the 'Special Guest Series'. My brothers do my makeup! Scroll down below for the video then after that, read today's post on prayers. Subscribe to me and his channel too to be updated on when part 2 (I do his makeup) is out. I hope you enjoy it dolls :)


Pray. Let's begin.

A side note, today's post will be more of an Islamic perspective however, it should be relatable to Non-Muslims too. Somebody e-mailed me a suggestion of creating a blog post about prayer so here it is. I'll start off with a short poem I've written myself. Nothing special but read anyways.

Do what you like, Say what you please,
You are nothing without Him, so fall to your knees,
Raise your hand, Close your eyes,
Because Salat (Prayer), Is the key to paradise,
"We were not created to please the creation", For we only strive to be the best of our generation,
No one is perfect, Everyone has heard it,
But sometimes the creation need to observe and,
Know that there is reasoning behind the reasons, That God didn't make those rules to hurt our feelings,
He wants the best for us, He wants us to know,
This life is temporary so don't seek for the world's applause.
 
 
Prayer is one of the 5 components of being a Muslim.
The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his or her life, the most important aspect is one’s relationship to God. Faith, God-consciousness, sincerity and the worship of God are what surrounds this importance. “Verily, man was created impatient, irritable when evil touches him and ungenerous when good touches him.  Except for those devoted to prayer those who remain constant in their prayers…” (Quran 70:19-23) People ask why Muslims pray five times a day, my response is why not?
 
I'm not wasting my time am I? All I am doing is duty as a Muslim. Prayer is obligatory so there are no excuses. It's in fact the key to paradise. On the day of Judgement, the first question you'd be asked from Allah SWT (God) is if you have prayed your 5 daily prayers. 
It scares me when I hear stories of people who are physically unable to pray but perform lying/sitting down and Muslims that are perfectly capable use the excuse of 'not having time' or not 'being bothered'. The stories where my beautiful fellow brothers and sisters of the world cannot perform Salat (prayer) due to an illness but yet it doesn't stop them from praying in their minds, thanking Allah (God) for their blessings that others would die to have. So I ask again, am I wasting my time?
 
Someone once said what was the point of praying and believing in a God because when we die, there is no after life. My response is that if there is no afterlife, I would know as soon as I die that I was the best person I could've possibly been because of Islam. Islam is the way of life, not just a bullet point under the section "Religion".
 
Spirituality comes in many shapes and forms for some people whereas Muslims only see one way of connecting with God, praying. Praying is like a one on one time with God where you can tell your deepest secrets and problems. He (God) always listens. You feel a sense of relief and content whenever you finish praying, well at least I do. Alhamdullilah (All praise is due to God) that I have the ability to pray 5 times a day without being lured in from evil thoughts because I don't know where I'd be without my routine of praying. As for the Hereafter, God’s forgiveness and pleasure is closely related to the prayers.
 
“God has obligated five prayers.  Whoever excellently performs their ablutions, prays them in their proper times, completes their bows, prostrations and khushu (devotion) has a promise from God that He will forgive him.  And whoever does not do that has no promise from God.  He may either forgive him or punish him.” - Prophet Muhammed (Peace Be Upon Him)
 
The question I ask you people is how do you pray? When do you pray? If you are Non-Muslim, what days and what time do you pray because I'm interested to know. E-mail me.
For those who are Muslim and struggle to pray or do not have the intention to pray, please snap out of it and listen to what I have to say.
 
Try. Now some Muslims may say that their parents didn't teach them how to pray as they were growing up or that they don't know how to read Arabic, or that they do not know how to actually perform the prayer. Let's be real now, firstly, for those who blame the parents, what have you done yourself? Have you gone out of your way to actually read the Quran's meaning etc. Have you researched about prayer? Have you ever prayed in your whole life? We live in a world that is literally run by technology. It's amazing how easy it is to get answers to your questions in a simple click. If you have the technology of finding out yourself on how to pray, then why don't you? What do you actually have to lose? You're gaining more than you are straining your fingers to type a few words and click with a mouse. How about you visit your local Mosque? Talk to an Imam (a person who leads prayers in Mosque) and see if they can help. Please don't use the excuse of 'I'll do it later', because what if there is no later. We cannot determine when our souls are left in this world.
 
 
 I think I should wrap up this blog post but I'll go into more depth in the future In'Sha'Allah (If God Wills).
 
AND, that's a wrap! Thank you so much for the continuous support my lovelies! Keep those queries coming at me for Tas Talks Tuesday!
tasahmedadvice@gmail.com

As always...
SALUTATIONS! XX
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment